Monday 27 August 2007

DARKNESS.......


Me and the darkness have been constant companions

Ever since I can remember.

Neither friends, nor bosom buddies.

It is just that we have always been together.

I do not fear the dark…I respect it.

I know of its misrepresentations…

The dark cellar…

The dark of night…

My dark skin…

Dark moments…

The traumatic and negative elements of my life.



But I have also used the darkness.

I have hidden away in the darkness…

Sheltered in its shadows…

Reflected in the darkest moments…

Celebrated the darkness of my skin colour.

Is a petal on a flower any different,

Just because you cannot see the colour in the dark?



I know what the darkness can do…

The hold it can have over people…

The fear they can have for it…

But the darkness holds no fear for me.

It is just there…I am used to it…

Habituated to it…

Neither comfortable nor uncomfortable in it.

Me and the darkness…

Our journeys are together set …forever.

We will always be unwilling bedfellows…

But we will always be inseparable.

4 comments:

annie said...

Nicely expressed....when darkness overshadows us, then only our true-self emerges.

★●Shadow Stalker●★ said...

Well thought of & written, I can find many similarities between you & me in this poem as darkness has also kind of become a companion for me when I feel lonely, I've also become habituated by it.

But, apart from that, I never imagined you to have darkness as your friend, you are so lively & radiant, this came as a jolt to me.

One other thing, I didn't get disheartened by your criticism, articles are written to be commented on, you wrote what you felt. But, that poem was dedicated to you as I got the idea after reading your poem.

----> Somnath.
(Sorry, signing in problem hocchilo). :(

☜SLEEPWALKER☞ said...

@annie
thx 4 d comment! thx a ton! but how did u manage 2 find my blog?? do i know u??

☜SLEEPWALKER☞ said...

@b-tex
a persona had many diff sides,yes i know m chirpy most of the tym,bt there r these moments wic u cant even share vid ur soul........n u share dem vid darkness i.e. u suppress them!